Thursday, June 9, 2011

Free Camp in almost full. I am almost full for next fall. It is amazing what a week or two will do. I guess parents like to wait until the last minute.

I have 3 girls in my graduating class that wanted a party for the last day, so we decided to do a Readers Theatre. The kids are so excited. We will have 2 different plays. A group of 3 boys, then the 3 girls with me as Narrator. When I read about the research on this type of play I was pretty excited that we chose it. Apparently, according to Mr. Google, "Readers Theatre will help students improve their reading skills and gain improvement in vocabulary, comprehension, and retention".
So this Monday is the day, with certificates handed out after their performance and an ice cream cone to send them on their way, I'm sure they will feel that they have made a great accomplishment.

I am hoping for a nice day because the backyard will be a perfect spot, it would be miserable to squish everyone in our living room. I'll tell my husband to not rush home from work that day and it will be all over by 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment