Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Letter q.

1. Alphabet Book "q"
2. Upper case Book "q"
3. Rhyme Book "q"
4. Alphabet Song.
5. Since there are very few words that start with q we are going to work on rhyming today. Sing this song, tune is Twinkle Twinkle, Listen Listen to Dave's word, Then tell me the sound that you heard. DOG D is one sound o is two g is the last in Dog, its true D-o-g. were the sounds that I heard When I listened to Dave's word Listen listen to Dave's word Then tell me the sound that you heard QUIT qu is one sound i is two t is the last in QUIT it's true Qu-i-t were the sounds that I heard.
6. Make or use a purchased small booklet, about 2"by 4". It only needs a few pages. Print the rhyming words one at the bottom of each page. The child draws a picture to represent the word. Quit- I just got them to draw 2 hands out - like "I quit" Fit - They draw a face, colour it red. Pit - hole in the ground Hit - Hit a baseball - just draw a ball and bat Bit - Draw some teeth Lit - Draw a campfire Sit - Stick person sitting on a chair

No comments:

Post a Comment