Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bringing life to stories



The children that I am working with are not moving ahead as fast as planned. The reason for the slow start is that none of them have done the first level. I wanted to fit in a bit more review before we headed into the blends so I had to come up with more ideas of things to do.
I found some stuffed animals and gave them the names from the story. The children loved it as I named animals to fit into the characters of Pam, Nan and Cat. As I read each line from Story Number 1, I moved the Cat around from sitting on Nan,then the Mat, then finally on Pam. It was a fun way to see the words in print and to help the children grasp the content of the story. This way I hope to be able to work on comprehension as well as reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment