Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Progress Oct 14th


We are moving ahead with our lessons at a slow pace. I know that it is because my kids this year are new to fun family phonics but they are still getting it. We are in the middle of blends right now and that seems to be a lot easier for them than the "clowns". I haven't moved away from the clowns yet but keep reviewing them in different ways each time. When we finished reading "The Fun Family Book" I expected that they would all be able to read the whole book, but that wasn't so. I don't know how others groups have found this, but most of my kids can still only read 3 letter words so words like Teddy, family and even book were too hard for them. I haven't been using the "new word" sheets very much, perhaps I need to find more ways to fit that in. I do have them in the form of a Bingo game but it seems really hard for them. There are a lot of sight words that completely stump them, such as "and, so, the etc. On the plus side, if you compare what they can read now compared to the fist of Sept. they have all improved. The other plus is that they still love coming here, and I still love having them here. I am still amazed everyday that this is my job and I actually get paid to do it. What a blessing.!

No comments:

Post a Comment