Sunday, September 20, 2009

Games




I made two new games and I reviewed the rules of a third this afternoon.
Game 1.
I cut up the words on the new word sheet and taped them to a cardboard backing. Two of each word. For the second game I just wrote on some cardstock squares words that have the sitting clown "a" and sitting clown "e". Two of each. With these words we can play the game in 2 ways. First just the regular memory game of turning them all upside down on the table, the children turn over 2 cards at a time. If they match they keep them. Everytime that they turn over a word- they read it out loud. The other way is to hide one of each pair of words around the room, put the matching word on your sentence strip board on the wall. The children find the words then take turn reading them to the class and putting them on the wall chart.
The 3rd game I played with my grandson this afternoon to be sure that I had the rules right. It is called "Go fish". For this game I used a purchased "Rhyme time" card game. These cards are simply a set of cards made up of a picture on the card with the name printing under the picture. For each card there is a card that rhymes with it. To play the game you deal out 5 cards to each player. ( chose the number 5 because it was all they could hold in their hands) The rest are in a pile in the middle upside down. The first player asks another player if they have a card that rhymes with a card that they have. If the player doesn't have a card that rhymes he says "go fish" and player number 1 picks up a card from the middle. If they do have a card that rhymes they give it to the one who asked for it. At the end we count who has the most pairs.
I found that my boys that are in grade 1 don't know how to rhyme but I think they will be able to play this game (I hope) I will try it this week.

For each game that I make I put them in a used envelope and file them with the worksheets etc. for this lesson. I tried using sandwich bags but I found them to be so slippery that they were hard to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment