Saturday, September 26, 2009

My finest hour

Today I was at a workshop and I was a bit early. I introduced myself to the few that were also there early. Imagine my surprise when one of the ladies said "Oh! you're Esther, I've been wanting to meet you." "You taught my son and his friend." When she told me their names I had trouble remembering who she was talking about. For some reason I was thinking way in the past. I mentioned a couple of places that I had worked. " No" she said, "this summer, at your phonics camp." Her son had just dropped in with another boy so I had never met his mom.
She then went on to exclaim about how thrilled she had been with her sons progress and the fact the he had written "this amazing shark story".
That "free phonics camp" was definitely worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment